Sunday, June 3, 2007

Dexter to Ann Arbor 10 Km run


Hi all! Well, I did it! My first 10K. Let me tell you it was a long way! My girlfriend, Andrea ran it with me and we kept each other going (OK, she kept me going!). It was not without an adventureous pee in the woods mid run though! We finished it in one hour which is right on pace for me as I run a solid ten minute mile. So we did a couple of 9 minute ones and then it is a long solid hill up to town from the river for km 8-10. This was a killer for me! You have already run a long way and then you have to run up hill to the finish?? Oh well. Had to run as this is where the crowd started and I would under no circumstances walk across the finishing line! Kieran was waiting just before the finish with the kids and it is so great to see how excited they get to see Mummy coming ! Connor loves watching me run and his little face breaks out in the biggest smile when he spots me and he starts yelling "Go Mummy Go!" So cute! Annabel loves it too, she always wants to enter the kids race they have at these things.. so that is fun for her.
Well, that's it... time for a big sleep as it is raining and both kids are asleep too... will sleep well tonight!

No comments: